Friday 17 April 2009

The Naked Cat Story.

It was a relatively warm day. Sometime mid summer. My son was about three at the time, and at that time I had a cat called Nala. Now Nala was a firece and yet loving cat, and generous to a fault. She hunted and brought home many gifts.

And so it was, on that warm day, that I discovered such a gift. Plonk bong in the middle of the livingroom carpet, there it lay. A dead bird. I was aghast, horrified. What was I to do. Dead birds and germs doesn't equate well with little children running about.

I was immediately prompted into frenzied activity. I sprinted to the kitchen and grabbed a carrier bag, ( always sensible to recycle), and rushed back to the livingroom. I picked the poor bird up with the bag and turned it inside out and tied a knot in it.

All thoughts had been driven from my mind except the overwhelming need to get the contaminant out of the house as quickly as possible. I had to protect my son at all costs. I was not to know at that time the high cost that I would have to pay.

before I knew it I was at the front door bag in hand. best place for dead thing in bag I thought, The black bin outside. I swung the door open wide and suddenly it dawned on me. I looked down. Fuck! SHit! I was completely bollock naked.

I reacted almost instantly. I ducked down and placed a hand over my lower regions and using the other door went to slam the door shut as quickly as I could. AAaargghh I let rip a scream. I had slammed the door right onto my boob.

My mind was filled with awful thoughts. Had anyone seen me? What would they think? It's not as if I have the healthiest of diets and go to the gym regularly. And then I started to laugh and for about 24 hours I couldn't stop laughing. I even laughed when my neighbour chapped my door and said that her brother had been visiting and had noticed me at the door and he was thinking of visiting on a more regular basis. I even laughed when my manager asked me if I was presenting myself and the bag to the street and giving them the option of choosing a live or a dead bird. I laughed when i phoned every member of my family and all my friends. And part of me still laughs now. Only me I swear to god. Only me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff. You must have been mortified to begin with but good that you saw the funny side in the end.

Nechtan

David Paterson said...

It's a good job you do see the funny side of things like that Lynne....

...after all the falls, slips and little accidents that happen on an almost daily basis;-)

And that's just You. It's a great thing to be one of lifes natural jesters. They keep us all amused and relieved that it wasn't us!

Rab Gibb was a stable boy who became the jester at the Scots court in the 15th century. He was made Earl of Carriber by the King. You can be Countess of Craigshill... just get a job amusing those with power and influence:-)

Anonymous said...

David!

When oh when will I se you again? It's your shout for the hot choccy \/ LOL

mishel said...

ha ha that's the most random and funny story I have heard in ages!

Post a Comment